Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a 1989 first-place recipe that I found in the Chicago Tribune.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Combine butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Sift flour and salt together and gradually stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonsful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until peaks are very light brown, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- While still warm (but not hot), use a sifter to sprinkle generously with confectioners sugar.