Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies really do melt in your mouth! I got the recipe from TV Guide many, many years ago. We couldn't have Christmas cookie trays without them!
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- confectioners' sugar (to roll cookies in)
- Cream butter, sugar,and flavorings until light and fluffy.
- Add flour.
- Mix on LOW until blended.
- Drop by teaspoons on UNGREASED cookie sheet, 2" apart.
- Bake at 400 for 8 minutes.
- Let cool 2 minutes.
- Roll in sugar.
- When cool, roll again.
I am always on the look out for a good melt away cookie; these are a keeper! I just put a dap of cream cheese frost on them (orange and lemon) ...yum...thanks!
These are in between a three and four star.... They are a little bit dry but tasted pretty good.
These cookies are wonderful. They were easy to make. The cookie is very light and really does melt in your mouth. A keeper for me!