Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this came from a box of recipe clippings purchased at a church garage sale..says you can vary the canned pie filling...
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (20 ounce) cans peach pie filling
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 dash cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350*.combine flour, sugr, egg yolk and vanilla in a bowl --
- cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse corn meal.
- turn into ungreased jelly roll pan.15x10x2" --
- pat into an even layer on bottom and about 1" up sides.
- arrange pie filling on top.set aside.
- whip egg whites, cream of tartar and remaining sugar till stiff peaks form, when beaters are pulled up.
- spread evenly over peach pie filling.
- top with chopped nuts, if desired.
- bake for 30-35 minutes or golden brown.
- cool.cut into bars --
- may vary pie filling for a different taste -- .