Recipe by Chickee
Recipe from Bill Granger from the Sydney Morning Herald. I haven't made this yet but a Bill recipe can't be wrong!
Top Review by ~Leslie~
This banana bread is just fabulous! I didn't have any baking paper, so just sprayed my loaf pans with a non-stick spray and it worked just fine. The loaves were moist and dense and delicious! I did make one change, I omitted the nuts and added about a cup of chocolate chips for my daughter. We loved this! Thanks for a great recipe Chickee, this will go great in School lunches for a healthier dessert treat! :)
- 55 g firmly packed brown sugar
- 30 g almonds, chopped
- 375 ml sour cream
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease and line two 10 x 18cm loaf tins with baking paper. In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar and almonds and put aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream and bicarbonate of soda, set aside for 5 minutes then stir in the melted butter, sugar and eggs. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Gradually fold in the sour cream mixture, followed by the bananas.
- Pour the mixture equally into the prepared tins and sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 1-11/2 hours or until a skewer comes out clean. Set aside and cool in tins for about 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.