Recipe by Andy Wold
This is my mom's recipe for her FANTASTIC sloppy joes. It can easily be halved or increased. Great meal for movie night at our house.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 pint Mel's Chili Sauce chili sauce (Mel's Chili Sauce)
- ground black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- celery salt
- 8 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, drain off excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce and chili sauce.
- Season to desired taste.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
- Serve on hamburger buns (makes enough for 8 hamburger bun sandwiches and 2 open-face sandwiches).
- NOTE: Goes well with French Fries and French Fry Sauce (Utah-style).