Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different version of sweet and sour chicken which includes some fruit as a nice surprise. I was not sure of the ounces in a package of the onion soup mix, but it is one envelope of dry mix. It has always been a hit in our family. I hope yours will enjoy it too.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 8 ounces orange marmalade (or apricot preserves)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in juice (drained)
- 8 ounces Russian salad dressing (if you cannot find use Catalina Dressing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a casserole or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in dish.
- In 4 cup measure or bowl, mix together onion soup mix and water.
- Add to soup mix, the marmalde and russian dressing, mixing well.
- Pour dressing mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 180 degrees.
- Serve over brown rice or cooked noodles.
This was great and easy to put together. Nice flavor and not overly sweet. I cooked mine a little longer but my chicken pieces were large. Served over brown rice with a side of steamed broccoli. Made for Football pool win week #2.