Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is a bit different than the others posted basically just in the amount of oats and that this does not use chopped peanuts. This has been an old standby for my family from the time I was a kid.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add egg and beat together well.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar together.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Form dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Flatten with fork in a criss cross pattern.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders. Yummy, yummy, yummy! Made these for the Super Bowl party we went to and they were gone in no time! Peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate chips are some of my favorite things and what better way to eat them than all together in a cookie! Will definitely put these on my list of cookies to make on a regular basis! Thanks for posting this Mel!
Wow Melissa, these went together for me in no time. And, this is the first time I've used choco-chips in my p.b. cookies. Won't be the last either. As I stated when I tagged, DS#3 requested I make these for a treat for his boss who we owed a big favor. Of course he had to snitch one (or two) b/f I send them off. Because these guys are....how should I say....big guys, putting it nicely, I'm sure this batch should have been doubled. Yummy- Yummy. :-) Glad I tagged and thanks for posting a keeper. Made for 123HitWonders.~
This gave me 52 cookies. They baked in 10 minutes and what a wonderful smell in the kitchen! Made them just as stated and it was easy and fun. Tasted one when they where barely cooled off, mmmmmmmmmm. Took the rest with me to work and the only "complaint" I got was that I hadn't doubled the recipe (more cookies). Some of the comments were: Crunchy, flavourful, tasty, they must be healthy with oatmeal, right, I'm taking another one, when are you going to make them again. In other words, a success. Thanks for posting. Made for Camera-Less Chef game #5, (June '08)