Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
I made cranberry sauce for the first time this Thanksgiving and it turned out great. I got the idea from venus2 and elaborated on it. All 14 members of my family loved it and I hope you do too :) (Prep time includes sitting time)
- 3 cups cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1⁄2 cups pinot noir wine (or any type of red wine)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Bring the berries, sugar, and wine up to a boil.
- Add the orange zest and cinnamon stick and keep it boiling for another minute or so.
- Mix the cornstarch and water and add it to the cranberries and let it boil for another minute while stirring.
- Take the cranberries out of the pan and place in a tupperware and let sit for a good 3 or 4 hours for the flavors to meld together.
- When ready to serve, heat it up in a pan again and serve warm and enjoy!