Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Fix-it and Forget-it. Easy Crock Pot meal.
Make and share this Mel's Cheesy Meal in One recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (24 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef, onion, and green pepper in skillet. Drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- In slow cooker, layer one-third of the potatoes, meat mixture, sour cream, cottage cheese, and 1/2 cup of monterey jack cheese. Repeat for second layer. Repeat once more for a third layer but leave off the shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours, sprinkling cheese over top during the last hour.
- Serve with your favorite salsa.