Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a dear friend. She always brought poppycock over for special occasions, then she moved away so I was on my own! It's so easy but impressive - adults and kids alike are addicted.
- 2 (198.44 g) bag microwave popcorn
- 473.18 ml nuts (peanuts, almonds, pecans, or combination you prefer)
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml corn syrup
- 314.66 ml sugar
- Prepare each bag of popcorn in microwave according to package directions.
- Once popcorn is popped, mix it with nuts in a very large bowl.
- While popcorn is popping, you can put remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture over popcorn & nuts and mix immediately and well.
- Spread on cookie sheet to dry.
Quick and tasty. I left it alone for about one minute to find my preschooler and the caramel burned, so I think it needs constant stirring.
Very good ! I love that i don't have to bake it in the oven like a typical caramel corn. I think I would add a litle more popcorn or make less sauce next time, 'cause i had a little exra. This is a quick easy treat !!
Yum - great stuff! Pretty easy to make too! I used regular-pop popcorn and almonds. I took the advice of other reviewers and used dry-roasted nuts and the topping stuck perfectly. Love this treat - thanks for sharing the recipe!