Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I know most of you will pass this right up, but this is an extremely simple and yummy way to make this veggie. Just try it once! This recipe comes from a friend of the family who fixed this when I went to visit her. She said this was the only way to get her whole family (kids and DH) to eat Brussels sprouts.
- 1 lb whole fresh Brussels sprout
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash Brussels sprouts.
- Peel off first layer of leaves& cut off any stems.
- Slice Brussels sprouts lengthwise into 1/8"-1/4" slices.
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Add Brussels sprout slices to hot butter& oil mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn down to medium heat.
- Cook sprouts for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cook time is approximate or cook to desired consistency.
- Serve hot!
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I only used one tablespoon of olive oil.
Wonderful way to make Brussel sprouts! I cut them in half instead of slices but they were terrific!
A world gone mad! I LIKED Brussels Sprouts!! This recipe made the flavor of the sprouts seem mild and almost sweet. Perfect compliment to lamb with mustard sauce for Christmas dinner. For some reason slicing these little devils brought out the best in them. Thanks!