Recipe by T-Logan
I know most of you will pass this right up, but this is an extremely simple and yummy way to make this veggie. Just try it once! This recipe comes from a friend of the family who fixed this when I went to visit her. She said this was the only way to get her whole family (kids and DH) to eat Brussels sprouts.
- 1 lb whole fresh Brussels sprout
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash Brussels sprouts.
- Peel off first layer of leaves& cut off any stems.
- Slice Brussels sprouts lengthwise into 1/8"-1/4" slices.
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Add Brussels sprout slices to hot butter& oil mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn down to medium heat.
- Cook sprouts for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cook time is approximate or cook to desired consistency.
- Serve hot!