Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
""I live about 1 hour from my favorite pizza joint so I decided to make my own sauce recipe for the days that I can't have the real thing. (Cause let's face it, NOTHING beats the real thing). After many attempts (10 full batches to be exact) at adjusting my recipe, this is what my taste buds came up with. I hope you will give it a try and enjoy it as much as my family and I do.""
- 4-5 onions
- 3 stalk celery
- 236.59 ml fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 3 (2700 ml) box chicken broth (NOT reduced-sodium)
- 3 (1188 ml) can tomato paste
- 59.14 ml garlic (Fresh or Powdered)
- 14.79 ml garlic (Fresh or Powdered)
- 118.29 ml dried oregano
- 59.16 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml basil
- 9.85 ml onion powder
- 44.37 ml celery salt
- 9.85 ml seasoning salt
- 59.16 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml oil
- 118.29 ml flour
- Puree veggies in food processor by adding some of the chicken broth.
- Bring pureed veggies and remaining broth to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 45 minute.
- Add tomato paste and spices then simmer another 45 minutes.
- Add flour and oil, whisk until blended.
- For a spicier sauce add more pepper ; Sweeter sauce add more sugar.
- Freeze the sauce by dividing it into medium freezer bags using 3/4 Cup per bag.
- To re-heat frozen sauce, heat in small sauce pan whisking occasionally.
- For the ultimate pizza experience use Brothers pepperoni and mozzarellissima pizza cheese -- .
its an amazing sauce...we don't buy take out pizza anymore....and it can be used for more than just pizza...ive done lasagna....spaghetti.....wonderful flavor.
This is a fabulous recipe which our whole family loves. A must try!