Recipe by giani23
I'm beginning to trust Melodie's touch with taste nearly as much as I do Emeril! These are the best greens I've ever tasted, and vegetarian to boot. Once again, her website is Melomeals, and I have found 4-5 favs already. Will be trying more of her recipes, for sure.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 pinch fresh nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, of choice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked black-eyed peas
- 3 cups raw collard greens or 3 cups chard leaves or 3 cups kale
- 1⁄2 cup cremini mushroom
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2-1 cup water, if needed
- soy sauce
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Heat a cast iron or large skillet to medium; saute the onion, garlic ginger, nutmeg, curry powder and cinnamon along with a hefty pinch of salt for 5 minutes or so.
- 2.Add the legumes, greens mushrooms and fresh thyme along with the salsa and 1/2 cup water.
- 3.Cover and bring to a strong simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4.If needed, add more water. Taste and adjust seasoning and enjoy.