Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
does not inclued chilling time
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 cups roughly chopped watermelon
- 1 1⁄2 cups sparking mineral water
- Combine lemon juice and caster sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool.
- Place watermelon, in batche in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Strain through a sieve into a large jug.
- Stir in lemon syrup and mineral water just beofre serving.
Made for Aus/NZ Swap 40. I love watermelons so this is a great drink for me to try. I liked it and have made this a few times over the last few weeks. I have strained and not strained it. I like it both ways. I also put a couple in the freezer for a few hours to give a good chill on 2 occassions and yummy it was really good as a slushy in the 99 degree weather in Florida while visiting DD. I can see making this and adding a bit of the happy juice to it as well. I will make this as long as watermelons are fresh and good during our summer. Thank you.
First sip of this drink... I didnt like it, but after the first taste it grew on me and I did find myself liking it and having another. I think if it had of been a little sweeter I may have liked it a little better. This may sound silly, but I didnt like the smell of the drink!!!! lol This drink was so easy to make, and very refreshing and DH enjoyed it very much. Next time I will add just a little more sugar. But a very nice drink Sonya01. Thank You.