Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can use a wide variety of melons in with this recipe. Honeydew, Cantaloupe, Crenshaw, Casaba are all very nice. Very simple. The melon drinks up the port and makes a cooling summer-time dessert for adults. Be careful not to let it sit too long or the alcohol with absorb into the rind. Can be doubled or tripled easily. Cooking time is time to stand.
- Cut melon horizontally in half.
- Scoop out and discard seeds.
- Place melon halves on individual serving plates.
- Pour up to 1/4 cup of ruby port into each half.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Loved it.. we had this while in France and it made a wonderful refreshing appitiser that balanced our huge country style main course. The port and the melon compliment ech other very well and it's sooo easy! Please see my Rating System: a lovely 4 stars. Thanks!