Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Nice in the morning as well as after dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sweet dessert wine
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lavender flowers, fresh or dried
- 1 large ripe melon, cut into cubes
- Bring water, sugar, wine and orange juice to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add flowers.
- Cover and steep for 1 hour.
- Strain flowers.
- To serve, pour syrup over melon.
- Garnish with mint and lavender sprigs.
I used 1/8 cup dried flowers knowing that they are stronger then fresh.Used a red raspberry sweet dessert wine.I suggest trying maybe Grand Marnier instead of the wine. I really enjoy lavender recipes but this was just ok.