Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 medium fresh cantaloupe, rind and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 8 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 star anise or 1 nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon
- Slice cantaloupe into chunks and purée in blender or food processor.
- Extract liquid by straining through a sieve.
- Reserve pulp.
- Purée peaches in blender.
- Pour 1/2 cup of cantaloupe liquid into small saucepan.
- Add cornstarch and bring to boil, stirring constantly to clear.
- Stir in additional 1 cup of cantaloupe liquid, 1/4 cup peach liquid, star anise or nutmeg, vanilla, coconut milk, 1/2 cup reserved cantaloupe pulp and a squeeze of lemon.
- Chill in refrigerator until quite cold.
- Remove star anise before serving.
- To make raspberry swirl garnish, purée 1 cup fresh or frozen in blender and sieve to remove seeds.
- Stir in 1/4 cup superfine sugar and heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and cool.
- Fill a small zip-lock bag with raspberry mixture.
- Make a piping bag by snipping a very small hole in one corner of the bottom of a siploc bag.
- Squeeze slowly into bowl of cantaloupe soup, drawing two circles in the center.
- Using a toothpick, create decorative points.