My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice cantaloupe into chunks and purée in blender or food processor.
- 2Extract liquid by straining through a sieve.
- 3Reserve pulp.
- 4Purée peaches in blender.
- 5Pour 1/2 cup of cantaloupe liquid into small saucepan.
- 6Add cornstarch and bring to boil, stirring constantly to clear.
- 7Stir in additional 1 cup of cantaloupe liquid, 1/4 cup peach liquid, star anise or nutmeg, vanilla, coconut milk, 1/2 cup reserved cantaloupe pulp and a squeeze of lemon.
- 8Chill in refrigerator until quite cold.
- 9Remove star anise before serving.
- 10To make raspberry swirl garnish, purée 1 cup fresh or frozen in blender and sieve to remove seeds.
- 11Stir in 1/4 cup superfine sugar and heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- 12Add a squeeze of lemon and cool.
- 13Fill a small zip-lock bag with raspberry mixture.
- 14Make a piping bag by snipping a very small hole in one corner of the bottom of a siploc bag.
- 15Squeeze slowly into bowl of cantaloupe soup, drawing two circles in the center.
- 16Using a toothpick, create decorative points.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melon Summer Soup
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 45.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: