Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Melons are a great low calorie fruit. This sorbet makes a cool refreshing treat on a hot summer day. Time stated is freezing time.
- 3 cups chopped melon (honeydew, cantaloupe or watermelon)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup white wine (Chardonnay or Chablis are good)
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- Puree chopped melon in blender;set aside.
- Combine the sugar and wine in a saucepan and simmer till sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in melon puree.
- Pour into loaf pan and freeze 4 hours till hard.
- Puree again for 30 minutes before serving.
- Return to freezer till time to serve.
- Garnish and serve.
Great use of many, many melons that I had come ripe all at the same time. I am hoping that it will keep in the freezer for a few months so we can enjoy them during the cold winter months. My husband loved it. I think I might try serving it with a raspberry mint sauce.
This is the most fabulous thing to do with a cantaloupe ever! I had a very very ripe cantaloupe so I used maybe 1/4 cup granulated fructose and probably closer to 3/4 cup white wine. It is so gooood. Everyone should try this recipe. Thank you for posting.