Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Melons are a great low calorie fruit. This sorbet makes a cool refreshing treat on a hot summer day. Time stated is freezing time.
Top Review by Jenk
Great use of many, many melons that I had come ripe all at the same time. I am hoping that it will keep in the freezer for a few months so we can enjoy them during the cold winter months. My husband loved it. I think I might try serving it with a raspberry mint sauce.
- 3 cups chopped melon (honeydew, cantaloupe or watermelon)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup white wine (Chardonnay or Chablis are good)
- mint sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree chopped melon in blender;set aside.
- Combine the sugar and wine in a saucepan and simmer till sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in melon puree.
- Pour into loaf pan and freeze 4 hours till hard.
- Puree again for 30 minutes before serving.
- Return to freezer till time to serve.
- Garnish and serve.