1/3 Photos of Melon Salad With Sweet Sesame Dressing
An Asian-inspired salad from Better Homes and Garden Magazine. Perfect summer salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Sweet Sesame Dressing
- 1/3 cup unbleached white sugar
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or freshly grated if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (sub half of the portion with black sesame seeds for color)
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1*Note: if you can find yellow watermelon, substitute half yellow for red watermelon.
- 2In small saucepan combine sugar, vinegar, salt, and ginger. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- 3Place dressing in a medium bowl. Slowly add both oils to sugar mixture in a thin steady stream, whisking constantly until thickened.
- 4Stir in sesame seeds, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- 5In large bowl combine melon and cucumber. Add 1/2 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
- 6Line salad bowls or a platter with lettuce; top with melon mixture. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and bacon.
- 7Pass remaining dressing.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melon Salad With Sweet Sesame Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.4
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 165.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: