Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for a hot summer day.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup diced seeded watermelon
- 2 slices watermelon (for garnish)
- 1 cup diced ripe papaya
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In blender, combine all ingredients except watermelon garnish.
- Process until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness, adding sugar or lime juice as desired.
- Pour mixture into tall glass and garnish with watermelon wedge.
Oh, yeah. Superb for summer. This helped me kick my smoothie habit.
Tried this because I needed to use up some excess watermelon (I'm a sucker for whole watermelons on sale, but they take up so much room in the fridge). I didn't have papaya, so I subbed mango (which meant I didn't need to use very much sugar). Used fat-free condensed milk (only type I buy). I made a glass for myself, and only got two sips before my DH snatched it! Good stuff, very refreshing.