Recipe by Mel T
I found this recipe on MSN and since it sounded so good, I made if for a girls-night I'm having. I had a taste and it's unbelieveable! Here's what MSN says about it: "Reminiscent of a fancy martini, this sexy drink is perfect for a gathering of friends. The colorful garnishes, made of tiny fresh melon balls, are easy to make and add an impressive finishing touch. But be forewarned, the melon soaks up the punch, so be careful snacking!" :)
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups vodka
- 3⁄4 cup Midori melon liqueur (melon liqueur)
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice (use fresh!)
- 1⁄2 small cantaloupe, chilled
- 1⁄4 small honeydew melon, chilled
- 1 slice inch-thick small seedless watermelon, chilled
- 4 cups crushed ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the liquid ingredients in the punch bowl.
- Cut the melons into 1/2-inch balls using the smaller end of a melon baller.
- Thread the melon balls in combinations onto 8 large cocktail picks or small skewers.
- If you have more melon than you need, cut additional balls and float them in the punch for added color.
- Add the crushed ice to the punch.
- Garnish individual glasses with the melon ball swizzles and serve immediately.
- ***Note: Cream of coconut, not to be confused with the unsweetened coconut milk and cream used for cooking, is a thick, sweetened coconut product found in liquor stores and well-stocked supermarkets.