Recipe by Leona
This is another excellent recipe for the diabetics out there! This recipe really truly helps the sweet craving! Of course, this recipe is from the Outsmart Diabetes Cookbook by Prevention Guide. Enjoy!
Top Review by rsarahl
This sorbet pulls together in a snap, is super easy and quite tasty. I made one batch per the recipe directions and then a double batch using our ice cream maker. The batch done in the ice cream maker turned out smooth whereas the batch made in individual cups was a little more like a granita. Both versions tasted exactly the same --- just the texture varied and both textures were nice. I liked having the larger quantity churned in the ice cream maker because I was able to serve the sorbet straight from the freezer several nights during the week without having to make a fresh batch each time. The sorbet held nicely in the freezer. I tried a variety of garnishes and these were best received: sprig of fresh mint and a few fresh raspberries; a slice of fresh mango; drizzle of honey and a vanilla wafer cookie.
- 1 mango (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups frozen melon balls (unsweetened)
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mango cubes, melon balls, sugar, and lime juice.
- Spoon onto 4 plates, margarita glasses, or custard cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for 30 to 40 min, or until firm, stirring once to break up any ice crystals.