1 hr 5 mins
As seen in Self Magazine July 2014! This frosty drink is as refreshing as frozen lemonade but has the added lushness of summer melon. Fresh thyme give the fruit's sweetness some grown-up dimension.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread melon pieces on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- 2Freeze until just hard, about 1 hour.
- 3Transfer melon pieces to a food processor and add lime juice, sugar, thyme, 1/2 water and tequila (tequila is optional).
- 4Pulse until smooth and slushy, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- 5Add water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- 6Add lime juice and sugar to taste (optional and extra).
- 7Divide among serving glasses and garnish with thyme sprigs.
- 8Serve immediately with spoons or let melt slightly to serve as a drink.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melon Lime Slushy
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 45.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g