Recipe by Foxfire13
As seen in Self Magazine July 2014! This frosty drink is as refreshing as frozen lemonade but has the added lushness of summer melon. Fresh thyme give the fruit's sweetness some grown-up dimension.
- 6 cups honeydews, diced (can also use watermelon or cantaloupe)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup tequila (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread melon pieces on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- Freeze until just hard, about 1 hour.
- Transfer melon pieces to a food processor and add lime juice, sugar, thyme, 1/2 water and tequila (tequila is optional).
- Pulse until smooth and slushy, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Add lime juice and sugar to taste (optional and extra).
- Divide among serving glasses and garnish with thyme sprigs.
- Serve immediately with spoons or let melt slightly to serve as a drink.