Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006. Cook time is chilling time.
- 3 quarts chopped ripe melon (cantalope, honeydew,casaba, etc.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple-orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled sweetened lime juice (from concentrate)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2-1 cup melon liqueur (or orange)
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups tequila (or rum)
- 2 liters carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- lemon slice, for garnish
- lime slice, for garnish
- Put chopped melon into a large bowl. Combine pineapple-orange juice, lime juice, salt and pour it over chopped melon.
- Let stand for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Mash or crush melon in small batches using a potato masher or blender. Press mashed fruit through a food mill or sieve to remove stringy pulp. There should be 9-11 cups juice.
- Add melon liquuor to melon juice and chill.
- To serve, pour melon juice into a punch bowl, add tequila, and pour in chilled soda.
- Float ice and sliced lemon and limes. Serve immediately.