Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A refreshing fruit salad. The 3 different-coloured melons make for a very attractive appearance. The ginger syrup sends it over the top.
- 2 passion fruit, pulp of
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger in syrup
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup cantaloupe
- 1⁄2 watermelon
- 1 honeydew melon
- Combine passionfruit, sugar, water and ginger in medium pan; stir over low heat without boiling until sugar has dissolved; bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened; remove from heat; add mint and allow to cool completely.
- Remove seeds from melons; using a melon baler, scoop out balls from fruit; arrange fruit attractively in large, cut-glass bowl or individual serving glasses; pour syrup over; chill for atleast 30 minutes before serving.
- May be served with freshly-whipped cream or ice cream.
Very good and pretty summer fruit salad which we enjoyed. I needed to make some subsitutions based on what we had on hand by using kiwi (3) instead of the passion fruit (out of season) and 1 tsp of ground ginger (instead of the ginger in syrup). This will be on our table a lot this summer - next time I want to try it with the passion fruit though. Thanks for sharing!