Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 1/2 c. Per serving: 168 calories, 0.7 g fat, 2.3 g protein, 42.6 g carb, 3.1 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow what a treat. I loved this salad. The dressing combination of honey, lemon, fresh mint and cayenne is out of this world and compliments all the fruit perfectly. Some of the fruit becomes spicy while others remain, cool, tart or sweet. I especially liked the flavor that the cayenne brings to the pear and melons. A tasty treat that I will be enjoying often this summer. Thank you so much for sharing.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 6 cups cubed cantaloupe (1-inch cubes)
- 6 cups cubed honeydew melon (1-inch cubes)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed ripe pears (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To make syrup: combine the first 5 syrup ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly syrupy.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in 1/4 cup mint and lemon rind; let stand 30 minutes.
- Strain syrup through a sieve into a bowl; throw away solids.
- To make the salad: Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add syrup; toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, stirring occasionally.