From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 1/2 c. Per serving: 168 calories, 0.7 g fat, 2.3 g protein, 42.6 g carb, 3.1 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 6 cups cubed cantaloupe (1-inch cubes)
- 6 cups cubed honeydew melon (1-inch cubes)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed ripe pears (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- To make syrup: combine the first 5 syrup ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly syrupy.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in 1/4 cup mint and lemon rind; let stand 30 minutes.
- Strain syrup through a sieve into a bowl; throw away solids.
- To make the salad: Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add syrup; toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, stirring occasionally.