Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This appetizer originally came from a Colonial Williamsburg cookbook. It is now part of our Thanksgiving afternoon, leading up to dinner.
- Cut melons in half.
- Scoop out seeds and discard.
- Scoop out balls with a melon ball scooper, approximately 1" in diameter.
- Slice ham into strips about 1" by 4".
- NOTE: Virginia ham is much saltier than our common ham. Since it is not available in my normal store, I use the packaged ham luncheon meat that is preformed into a rectangle (Danola brand), cutting it lengthwise.
- Wrap each melon ball with a strip of ham and secure with a toothpick.
- Chill and serve.