Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from my dh's Amish mother. Probably developed because the Amish waste NOTHING! :) This is a wonderful winter-time treat, w/ the summertime flavor! Enjoy!
- Use melon baller& ball semi-firm honeydew& cantaloupes.
- Place into freezer containers.
- Fill with sugar water.
- Sugar water: 4 cups water to 4 cups sugar- heat to melt the sugar.
- Cool completely before pouring over the balls.
- (sugar amounts can be varied. I choose to use 6 cups water to 4 cups sugar) These are best served before completely thawed, so they're a bit'crisp,' and not soggy.
- A wonderful addition to winter fruit salads!