Recipe by Derf
Cool refreshing nelons--nice light dessert.
Top Review by loof
Delightful way to serve fruit! I loved the muscat with the melons and I think it would be great with other fruits as well. I thought I had some mint but couldn't find it - I think that would have been a great addition too. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by Cookgirl)
- 2 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 3 cups honeydews, scooped into balls
- 1⁄2 cup muscat wine or 1⁄2 cup asti spumante sparkling wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully scoop out cantaloupe balls, reserving shells.
- Place 3 cups cantaloupe balls in a large, shallow dish, reserve any remaining cantaloupe balls for another use.
- Add honeydew balls and Muscat, toss gently.
- Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Serve melon balls in cantaloupe shells.