Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool refreshing nelons--nice light dessert.
Make and share this Melon Balls in Muscat recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 3 cups honeydews, scooped into balls
- 1⁄2 cup muscat wine or 1⁄2 cup asti spumante sparkling wine
- Carefully scoop out cantaloupe balls, reserving shells.
- Place 3 cups cantaloupe balls in a large, shallow dish, reserve any remaining cantaloupe balls for another use.
- Add honeydew balls and Muscat, toss gently.
- Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Serve melon balls in cantaloupe shells.
Delightful way to serve fruit! I loved the muscat with the melons and I think it would be great with other fruits as well. I thought I had some mint but couldn't find it - I think that would have been a great addition too. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by Cookgirl)
Does is still count as a review because I used a mixture of Trader Joe's orange muscat vinaigrette and Oregon pinot noir instead of muscat wine? I hope so because it was yummy regardless. Garnished with fresh pineapple mint. Niiiiice!
It's light, pretty, low cal and something I had never thought of before. Would be even prettier in a nice stemmed glass. Next time I would go a little lighter on the muscat but what a refreshing summer dessert!