Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A first course or nice at a brunch buffet from the Junior League of Salt Lake City, Utah. Sounds interesting. Note: This recipe was titled Melon and Red Onion with Feta and Walnuts, but when I read the ingredients and intstructions it said "pine nuts" so I changed the title. Both sound good to me though!
- 2 red onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cantaloupe
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Saute the onions in the heated oil in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Cool the onions to room temperature.
- Cut a slice from the top and bottom of each melon.
- Place each on end and remove the peel, cutting from top to bottom.
- Cut into halves, discarding seeds.
- Cut 1 honeydew half and 1 cantaloupe half into 1 inch wedges.
- Arrange those wedges on a serving platter.
- Cut the remaining melon into 3/4 inch chunks and combine with the mint, lime juice and pepper in a bowl and toss to mix well.
- Spoon this over the arranged melon wedges and top with the onions, feta cheese and pine nuts.
- Chill until serving time and toss to serve.