Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Peppery watercress, a member of the mustard family, adds a spicy bite to this salad. When measuring greens such as watercress, pack them loosely. Make-Ahead Tip: Cover & chill cut melon up to 2 days. Prepare dressing as directed; cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- 1⁄2 small honeydew melon, seeded, peeled and cut into very thin bite-size pieces (2 c.)
- 1⁄2 small cantaloupe, seeded, peeled and cut into very thin bite-size pieces (2 c.)
- 8 -10 red radishes, very thinly sliced (3/4 to 1 c.)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh watercress leaf
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- watercress leaf (optional)
- In a large bowl combine melon pieces and radish slices; set aside. In a mini food processor combine the 1/4 cup watercress and honey. Cover and process until almost smooth. Or finely chop watercress and stir in honey.
- In a small bowl stir together watercress mixture, sour cream, salt and pepper until well combined. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, toss melon salad with dressing. Garnish with watercress leaves, if desired.