Recipe by Bobtail
I got this from Woman's World magazine several years ago. I love the combination of melon, proscuitto and parmesan cheese! Hope you enjoy!!
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil, preferably evoo
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, seeded
- 1 (5 ounce) packageof assorted salad greens (prefer just baby spinach)
- 6 slices thin prosciutto
Directions See How It's Made
- Using vegetable peeler, over wax paper, scrape curls of Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, stir vinegar, salt and pepper, until salt dissolves.
- Stir oil into vinegar mix and set aside.
- Cut cantaloupe into thin wedges and cut off rind.
- Stir dressing again, and reserve 2 tablespoons of dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with the dressing.
- Arrange salad mixture on a serving platter.
- Fan the cantaloupe in a circle over the salad.
- Top with rolls of proscuitto slices.
- Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with the remaining dressing.