- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 6 cups cantaloupe, cubed
- 6 cups honeydews, cubed
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries (halved if large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pears, cubed (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- For syrup, bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook 3 minutes or until slightly syrupy.
- Remove from heat and stir in mint and lemon zest. Allow to steep 30 minutes. Stran through a fine sieve (discard solids).
- For salad: Lightly mix all fruit. Pour syrup over and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.