Prep 12 hrs
Cook 1 hr
From Grassroots magazine. taken from an old cookbook. For experienced jammakers. Times are estimates and I have not tried this recipe.
- Cut the melon and sprinkle with a little sugar in your jam making pan.
- Let it stand overnight.
- Bring melon mix to the boil and then add sugar after 25 minutes.
- Slice 4 mandarins.
- Pulp the other two and add all mandarins to mixture.
- When nearly ready to remove from heat add alittle citric acid to prevent jam candying.
- Boil until it jellies on a saucer.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal in the usual manner.