Recipe by Krsi Sue
This is light & refrshing. Slicing melon in thin strips gives you the wrapper for the "sushi"
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Excellent. I heated the juice to bring out the honey and ginger flavor. Then cooled. It is a wonderful source of ingredients to lower your cholesterol. It would be a crowd stopper as a fruit appetizer!
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 jicama, peeled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Put melons on a plate to collect juice, cut melons in 1/2 lengthwise.
- Clean and cut off rind of melons.
- While the melon is still on the plate, cut thin slices lengthwise so the slices are long. (For a thinner slice, use a potato peeler).
- Leave the melon on the plate until ready to assemble your "sushi".
- On a cutting board, cut thin, long julienne sticks of jicama. Cut the sticks 1/2" to 1" longer than the widest of your melon strips.
- Pour the melon juice into a small bowl and mix in the honey and ginger.
- Lie strips on cutting board, one at a time.
- Place 3-4 sticks of jicama on melon flush with one side of the melon - -this will allow a flat side when the rolled "sushi" sits up.
- Roll the melon slice around the jicama and sit up on its side. Trim any jicama that might hang over so it sits flat.
- Drizzle the honey sauce over the "sushi".
- Sprinkle sesame seeds lightly over the fruit.
- You may toast the seeds if you wish a nuttier flavor.