Recipe by Melodee
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I have tweaked it here and there over the years. My family likes this version because it is not sloppy wet like so many others out there. However, this recipe can be served wet too.
Top Review by 2mikes1nick
I made this sauce with chicken legs....my family of all boys...LOVED it....my youngest said.."mom these are fantastic"......I followed the sauce recipe exactly.....I did not broil them...I put them on my grill...grilled the chicken legs and than followed the directions by dipping and re-grilling them 2x's....will definately make them again.....
- 5 lbs chicken legs or 5 lbs chicken wings (tips removed)
Hot Sauce Mixture
- 2 (6 ounce) bottlesBruce's hot sauce (or your favorite brand)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing, not creamy
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Broil chicken until done and is a nice golden crispy brown.
- Mix up sauce while chicken is cooking.
- Once chicken is done, dip each piece of chicken into sauce and return to broiler.
- Allow sauce to become a bit dry being careful not to burn.
- Dip each piece of chicken in sauce again and put under broiler one more time making sure to put opposite side up.
- Eat with Chicken flavored noodles and a veggie for a complete meal, or do as we do and pig out without anything else.