Recipe by COOKGIRl
I rarely find available at the market, (not to mention find recipes for) fresh yellow wax beans, a fair-skinned cousin of green beans. So I made up this simple recipe with fresh herbs from my little garden. Salad burnet gives a nice, refreshing "zip" to the waxed beans.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh wax beans, ends trimmed and beans snapped into 3-inch long pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh salad burnet, stems and leaves
- 1 large shallot, sliced into crescents
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt or pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the beans well to remove any dirt, then drain.
- Steam the beans for 6-8 minutes until tender crisp.
- Transfer the cooked beans to a serving bowl and toss lightly with the oil. Gently stir in the burnet leaves and shallots.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.