Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Clipped from Canadian Living Magazine.
- 1 lb calf liver
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon summer savory
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- Cut liver into serving sized peices. Mix all herbs together with pepper.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Add liver. Sprinkle with half the seasonings. Cook over medium heat for one minute. Turn liver and sprinkle with remaining seasonings. Continue cooking for one minute.
- Turn liver, then pour sherry into pan and cook for about 2 minutes, scraping up browned bits.
- Remove liver to dinner plates. Pour sherry over liver and serve. Serve with a green vegetable, sliced tomatoes and crusty bread to soak up the sauce.