Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Basically a cole slaw with a honey-mustard vinaigrette dressing instead of mayonnaise, I snagged the original recipe from the Tabasco website. I made a few changes, like using rice vinegar instead of cider vinegar, coriander instead of dill, etc. and I like it even better this way. I hope you do, too!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, rice vinegar, broth, mustard, honey and Tabasco.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Mix in cabbage, green onions, celery seed and coriander; toss to blend.
- Cover, chll and serve.
- (If I have time, I like to refrigerate it overnight, so it's a little"wilty" and well-seasoned the next day!).
Oh my, what a delicious recipe! I made this recipe for supper tonight. I did not have the Rice Vinegar on hand so used Cider Vinegar and also Hellman's Honey Mustard. A definite keeper! Thankx for a great recipe, EdsGirl!
maybe it was because i used creole mustard instead of dijon, but this didn't work out for me. its a sauce i may use to drizzle onto some other salad, but it didn't wilt down and embrace the cabbage like i expected. maybe a lighter, napa cabbage would work better with it.
Wonderful! It tastes nothing like coleslaw, but it's delish none the less :) So quick and easy to make!