Recipe by Zilla
A lower fat appetizer or snack. Very sweet and, well, mello. Use just enough cooking heat to evaporate the liquids.
Top Review by cpenner
Very good! I used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. I accidentally mixed up the order of the broth and balsamic vinegar, but they turned out well anyway. I snacked on these at work -- yummy!
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 -2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- warm olive oil in skillet.
- add garlic and warm garlic in the oil.
- add mushrooms and toss with garlic and oil- this will be dry looking.
- add chicken broth (I used one ice cube size portion of broth).
- Toss and heat mushrooms and broth until the pan is again dry.
- Add balsamic and toss and heat until nearly all liquid is absorbed.
- Let cool and sprinkle with a bit more balsamic vinegar.
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.