Recipe by Allan Rees-Bevan
Melkkos is a staple in South Africa - rich and hot, best enjoyed on a cold winter's night as a dessert or light meal. I used to eat loads of this at an Afrikaans boarding school when I was a kid.
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour and salt together and rub in margarine/butter.
- Bring milk to the boil.
- Add flour mixture to milk and beat.
- Lumps will form but keep stirring well!
- When lumpy, cover with lid and simmer for 5- 8 minutes, until cooked.
- Serve hot with cinnamon sugar.