Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my version from a recipe submitted to TOH a while back.
- 4 cups water
- 1 (1 2/3 ounce) package vegetable soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can green beans (drained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups lean sirloin beef (cooked & cut into small cubes 1/4-inch approx.)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a large soup pan, bring water and soup mix to a boil over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT pasta and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add macaroni and cook through.
Very easy!! I made mine meatless, and used one can of kidney beans and one can of white beans. Added some Italian seasoning, but this is probably cuz of leaving out the meat. Made for the Saucy Silverados on the ZWT.
Delicious! This is such a simple and tasty soup that can be made with items that I have in my pantry all of the time. I used some leftover cooked prime rib out of the freezer, and a Knorr soup mix. I couldn't find 2 colors of kidney beans (I think because most grocery shelves were pretty bare because of our weather), so I used 2 cans of red. The only change that I made was to add some Italian seasoning. This was a wonderful lunch on a cold day and I look forward to lunch tomorrow as well. Thanks Hokies for a great simple and tasty meal. Made for Photo Tag.