Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my mother's recipe. My kids love it. My husband even makes sandwiches out of the leftovers--if there is any.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup crackers (crumbled) or 1 cup oats
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bell pepper, Lipton soup mix, egg, garlic salt, pepper, crackers, 1/2 cup ketchup and water.
- Put into a baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Drain excess fat occasionally during baking.
- During the last 10 minutes of baking time, add the remaining ketchup (add more if you like).
This was my first time making meatloaf for my family and it turned out wonderful. They loved it and requested that I make it again!! I definitely will be using this recipe from now on!
WONDERFUL...I made this for Fall PAC 2011 and I am glad I chose this recipe. I use crackers instead of the oats, used fresh garlic instead of garlic salt (had enough salt from the soup mix) and I also minced up a small bit of onion...Definately a keeper and one I will make again. Thank you!
First of all,let me say that I'm pleased to be the first one to review this WONDERFUL !!!!! meatloaf.Second the only time I get to have meatloaf is when my SO goes out of town, so I made this on 9/09/07.I had a mixture of red,yellow, and green peppers in the freezer,so that's what was used 1/2 a cup of those chopped very fine.Instead of garlic salt,the same amount of garlic powder was used.As this was baking the wonderful smells that were coming out of the oven really made my mouth water.Since I consider myself an expert on meatloaf, I wondered if this would meet my expectations.Well,it meet and exceeded them,this meatloaf will be made again.Thank you so very much for posting."Keep Smiling :)"