Recipe by MELISSA'S KITCHEN
This is my mother's recipe. My kids love it. My husband even makes sandwiches out of the leftovers--if there is any.
Top Review by janeupkins
This was my first time making meatloaf for my family and it turned out wonderful. They loved it and requested that I make it again!! I definitely will be using this recipe from now on!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup crackers (crumbled) or 1 cup oats
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bell pepper, Lipton soup mix, egg, garlic salt, pepper, crackers, 1/2 cup ketchup and water.
- Put into a baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Drain excess fat occasionally during baking.
- During the last 10 minutes of baking time, add the remaining ketchup (add more if you like).