Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple way to make delicious homemade lasagna.
- 1 lb ground beef (cooked)
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles (cooked and drained)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (small curd) or 1 (15 ounce) container cottage cheese (small curd)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cook noodles according to directions on package.
- In small bowl, combine beaten eggs and cottage cheese.
- Add 1 1/2 jars of sauce to cooked ground beef.
- Add garlic salt.
- Stir and simmer 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Spread 3/4 cup sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Place 3-4 noodles over the bottom, slightly overlapping.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the egg/cottage cheese mixture over each noodle.
- Add 1 tablespoon meat/sauce mixture over each noodle.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and then mozzarella.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover last layer with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Made this for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011 and what and easy and delicious recipe. I did use Marinara Sauce#443364 for the sauce but otherwise I followed the instructions...putting half in the freezer for later.
I used ricotta cheese over the cottage cheese and definately will make this again. Served with a green salad and garlic bread. Thank you for sharing the recipe.