1/2 Photos of Melissa's Easy Chicken and Dumplings
MELISSA'S KITCHEN's Note:
This is a very simple way to make chicken and dumplings. My mother gave me this recipe. It’s great on a cold day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put chicken and celery in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook chicken thoroughly.
- 2Once chicken is done remove chicken from pot and let cool on a plate. Set aside. Do not throw away broth--it will be used later.
- 3Add cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, salt and pepper to pot; stir. Cook on medium-high heat.
- 4Slice chicken breasts like you would a turkey (thinly). It will come apart once it's added back to the pot. Add back to pot. Bring to boil.
- 5With a rolling pin, roll out each biscuit and cut into fourths. (For smaller dumplings, cut them smaller). I like mine medium size, so fourths work for me. Once you’re done, it's time to add them to the pot.
- 6Just drop them in one at a time, make sure to stir often. They tend to stick if they aren't stirred. They will swell after they are first added, but they will go back down to normal size after a few minutes. Let them boil for 10 minutes, then simmer on medium-low for about 15 minutes; cover. Continue to stir often. Dumplings are done when the center of the dumpling is slightly darker than the outside.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melissa's Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.6
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 2423.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 42.5 g