Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
An easy way to make a tender pot roast and you don’t even have to be home. Just put ingredients in crock pot in the morning and when you return home you'll have a delicious meal waiting for you.
- 4 lbs chuck or 4 lbs arm roast
- 6 medium potatoes (sliced)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots or 15 ounces baby carrots
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) box Lipton Onion Soup Mix (beef)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups water
- Put roast in the crock pot.
- Add all the ingredients.
- Use just enough water to cover vegetables and roast. Stir and cover.
- Cook for 6 hours on low. Return and enjoy.
This is how we make ours too :) We don't dice up the onion though, we cut it in half (Tom is the only one that really likes onion). We sometimes leave the potatoes in halves too if it will be cooking for a long period of time. This is a great recipe!