Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
People of all ages love this basic chili recipe, even kids!
Make and share this Melissa's Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- salt and pepper, seasoned to taste
- hot sauce, choose your favorite brand and season to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- sour cream, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- In a large stock pot add the onion and celery and saute briefly.
- Stir in the diced and whole tomatoes.
- Add cumin and chili powder and cook for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the beans, browned meat, and chili seasoning.
- Add as much salt, pepper, and hot sauce to your liking.
- Partially cover, and let simmer for 4 hours.
- Serve with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onions.