5 hrs 10 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
People of all ages love this basic chili recipe, even kids!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- salt and pepper, seasoned to taste
- hot sauce, choose your favorite brand and season to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- sour cream, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- 1In a large stock pot add the onion and celery and saute briefly.
- 2Stir in the diced and whole tomatoes.
- 3Add cumin and chili powder and cook for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Add the beans, browned meat, and chili seasoning.
- 5Add as much salt, pepper, and hot sauce to your liking.
- 6Partially cover, and let simmer for 4 hours.
- 7Serve with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
Nutritional Facts for Melissa's Chili
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 371.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix