Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
These measurements are not exact. It's a crockpot recipe, so add extra of what you like and less of what you don't!
- 2 -3 lbs frozen chicken breasts
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice (can also use Rotel brand for a more spicy version)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 bunch of chopped green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- cayenne pepper
- chili powder
- Put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours.
- 30 minutes to 1 hr prior to serving, remove chicken and shred; then add back to the soup.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.
Mmm, mmm good, Melissa! I decreased the measurements by 1/2, except for the garlic which we all love here. I'd suggest adding salt to taste. Some of my family added sour cream and shredded cheddar to the top too. I loved the simplicity of pulling this together, plus it's healthy! Now... to hide the leftovers for my lunch tomorrow! MERP'd for Fall 09 Pick A Chef.
This is super tasty! My dad ate three bowls of it the first time I made it, and now he asks me to make it almost every week. I'm personally not a big fan of black beans, but even I liked it. Great recipe Mamma Bug!
This is awesome! My kids are hooked on Mexican Dishes and this is One to keep. It is easy and you can add toppings like sour cream and shredded cheese.